Best way to ship to Canada
Sep 13, 2010 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bentwookiee

Head-Fier
I live in Vancouver BC, Canada and getting stuff shipped to me from the US has been a pain.  It can take a long time, you get charged brokerage fees, and some people/sites just plain won't send up here.

I've recently found a solution, at least for Vancouver residents.  A company called TSB Shipping Plus ( http://www.tsbshipping.com/index.htm )exists in Point Roberts WA, which is actually just 45 minutes outside of Vancouver.  They will receive your shipments and notify you when they have arrived.  All you have to do is drive over there and pick it up.  Receiving shipments cost starts at $3, but that will cover most things.

This is a huge find for me.  Just thought I would share.

ps:  I'm about to order some Denon D2000 from amazon.  I wasn't able to before because Amazon.com won't ship headphones to Canada.  I think I just found myself a loop hole!

Sep 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 5
We've got a couple down here in MB, however, it will differ for each city's location, but take account into gas as well tax, if you declare or not, it might not always be cheaper.  Not to mention, it also depends who is on the border patrol.  Most know Canadians buy stuff from the USA and get them shipped to somewhere near the border, so a 2 hour entry to the USA may be suspicious.  Of course you're allowed a gift up to $60CAD per person.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 5
I just picked up my Denon D2000s from Point Roberts.  Wait time at customs was about 15 minutes, but I think that's because it was lunch time, so they only had 1 lane open.  Got up to the customs officer and told him I picked up some new headphones.  He just let me through...no taxes, no duty
smily_headphones1.gif

Totally worth it!

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 5
I told them the truth, that I'm going to pick up a pair of headphones I ordered.  Let me in without blinking an eye.

Come back, that's when you need to worry (cuz that's where you could get dinged with tax and duty).  But I told the guy that I picked up a pair of headphones.  He didn't ask how much, or anything.  Just said "For listening to music?  Ok, go on then."  Most people probably don't realize that there are some really nice, fairly expensive headphones out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back