Best way to setup the Audigy 2 for music?
Apr 6, 2005 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Borky

Head-Fier
I'm using the Audigy 2 ZS since I play games a lot, but I also listen to music every now and then. I was wondering with all the options in foobar and in the software that comes with the card, what would be the best configuration when you're listening to music with it? Do any of you fumble with the CMSS 3D or just turn it off? It seems like there's a lot of crap under here and I would just like the best sound quality out of it.

Apr 6, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 5
There is very little reason to bother at all with Creative's bloated (IMO) software. Just do a clean driver-only install of the card and you'll have everything you need, and nothing you don't. There really aren't any important options to set, assuming you're using analog that is.

Apr 6, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 5
You need to use WinAMP with the ASIO output plugin and use it to resample to 48000, other than that you should be good
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwin902
There is very little reason to bother at all with Creative's bloated (IMO) software.

If you're using more than 2 speakers then there is.

Apr 6, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
If you're using more than 2 speakers then there is.

Like what? I'm using a 5.1 system (in addition to my A900s when possible). I currently have the EAX console, Surround Mixer, Speaker Settings, Diagnostics, and THX Setup Console. I think most stuff is disabled right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back