best way to remove gold lettering from grao sr325i
Mar 4, 2009 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wiggy Fuzz

100+ Head-Fier
with both my grado's, the gold (or silver) lettering has faded on some letters, to the point where my 325i's now say "p_est___ ser_es", which is kinda annoying. the cups will often rub on my collar when i'm out and about, and because of this cold weather i've taken to wearing a rather abrasive fleece. i've noticed, though, that while the lettering was originally black before being painted, the black cobble design seems to be originally gold, before painting (because that's the metal - seriously, i was banging my head over this...)

anyway, since this will onyl get worse aesthetically i thought i'd ask what's the best and least destructive method for removing the painted letters and cobble design from the cups? gold with black lettering seems nice...

thanks in advance

EDIT: while i'm at it i might as well remove the paint from the grills.

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 3
Actually, I think that the cobble and letters are all plastic. You can actually pull out the plastic disc entirely, I've seen a couple of pairs modded this way.

I'd use one of those green 3M scrubbies though, to make the whole thing look uniform. I use them on my watch to return it to a brushed texture on the bracelet when it gets scuffed. They're abrasive but not so much that they can harm whatever surface is underneath.

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 3
nice. are there any pics floating around of that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back