Best way to play Cds with my setup
Feb 22, 2017 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

michael0408

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I stepped up in my audio game and switched from my DAC/AMP-Combo Fiio E10k to a SMSL Sanskrit 6 Dac with an Aune X7s class A amplifier. The setup will be computer usb -> Sanskrit RCA out -> Aune X7s -> Sennheiser Hd 600. I think this will work pretty well for the music on my computer. I have also a lot of CDs which I would like to listen to and from my understanding I would need a Cd player with an optical out which then connects to my Dac ? The quality of the build in Dac is not important since I will use my external one+amplifier. To clear this up will there be a sound difference between a 60€ cd player and a 200€ one with my setup? And when I have the player is there a way to connect my computer and my player to my Sanskrit, which has only 1 RCA out, to have a simple solution switching the sources without unplugging everything?

Thank you very much for an answer.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 2

I have also a lot of CDs which I would like to listen to and from my understanding I would need a Cd player with an optical out which then connects to my Dac ? The quality of the build in Dac is not important since I will use my external one+amplifier. To clear this up will there be a sound difference between a 60€ cd player and a 200€ one with my setup?

As long as the cheap CDP has SPDIF optical the only difference that might matter is vibration dampening, but since you're using headphones, there won't be airborne vibrations that speakers (and especially bass from subwoofers and large towers) would throw all over the room, so as long as you don't have any other source of vibrations (like having a keyboard on the same surface as the CDP and typing on it), you likely wouldn't need vibration cones.

Now if that cheap player happens to be a used CDP, I'd caution against it unless you know how to realign if not replace laser heads.

And when I have the player is there a way to connect my computer and my player to my Sanskrit, which has only 1 RCA out, to have a simple solution switching the sources without unplugging everything?

What's the problem if the Sanskrit has only one RCA output? It has SPDIF for the CDP and USB for the PC, and the RCA out goes to the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back