Best way to listen to wired headphones wirelessly?
Mar 8, 2021 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Heyyoudvd

500+ Head-Fier
Is there a simple way I can connect my wired headphones to my Apple TV box?

I have two audio setups in my room:

1. Windows PC with a Xonar sound card -> Topping L30 -> various wired headphones (6XX, SR60, A900, PortaPros, M50, and potentially RS2e, Hemp, and Meze 99 Classics in the near future)

2. LG OLED -> Apple TV 4K -> alternating between a pair of Apple HomePods and AirPods Max (both wireless, obviously)

I’m wondering if there’s any decent way to watch TV occasionally with my 6XX and other wired headphones. Would I have to buy a wireless amp/DAC, pair it to my Apple TV, and then plug my headphones into that? Is there any other setup you’d recommend or is that the best option? And if so, are there good, inexpensive options?

Thanks.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Does your TV have Bluetooth-out? That's probably going to be easiest mate. If not, perhaps something like a Sennheiser BTT100 Bluetooth transmitter might work.

I connect my HD650's via 2.5mm to an Earstudio ES100 paired to my TV via Bluetooth occasionally, it works just fine.

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Yep EarStudio ES100 is a good option.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 5
Does your TV have Bluetooth-out? That's probably going to be easiest mate. If not, perhaps something like a Sennheiser BTT100 Bluetooth transmitter might work.

I connect my HD650's via 2.5mm to an Earstudio ES100 paired to my TV via Bluetooth occasionally, it works just fine.

The Apple TV box supports Bluetooth 5.0.

How would the ES100 compare to a BTR5, which I’ve heard mentioned a lot?

My bigger question is regarding usage. These are portable devices, so that would mean I need to recharge them regularly. And I’d assume I’d put them in my pocket to prevent the headphone cable from tugging them around if I leave them on a desk. Since this is for home listening, would there be a better option that’s not portable?

Mar 10, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 5
So you basically want to have a headphone jack on the couch with you? A Bluetooth receiver and headphone amp would do that, and could be plugged in to the wall so no need for charging. At that point it's just a question of how much you want to budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back