best way to get music 2 iem's
Aug 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ogduncan

New Head-Fier
What is the best product for getting music to a set of top of the line IEM's from my computer. I will use it to listen to 128bit and higher internet radio. Im guessing it doesnt need to have an amp becuase the iem's are easy to drive. Any info would be great thanks.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 6
I think that no matter what you get, you will feel ripped off because you shelled out cash for top of the line IEMs and fed them 128kbps internet radio streams. Good IEMs will not make bad source material sound better. Save a bit of cash and get some mid-range IEMs or even better (since this is not a portable rig) some full size headphones, like Sennheiser HD595s, which don't really require amping either.

Any onboard sound will be adequate, but if you insist on an aftermarket product, I'm sure any variety of X-Fi card will do.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 6
I'd recommend a USB DAC/AMP like the compass or zero, or if you want it to be portable, something like the Ray Samuel Audio Predator or the Govibe Magnum.

and yeah, you should really be using 256 kbps sources at the very least. Lossless rips from CDs are the best if you have the HDD room.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 6
I already have the iem's im just looking to make them sound better out of my work computer. Right now im listening to kexp which is a uncompressed radio station over the net so the 128 was the min. If you guys dont think it will make a difference then i wont waste my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back