Best Way to get Dolby Headphone? DAC/AMP that accepts Dolby Digital Live? Also USB DAC/AMP with Dolby Headphone Support?
Oct 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
You do look down on non Creative sound hardware.
you said in a previous statement that "Asus sound cards are akin to USB DACs with software package installed", which means I guess that you think using the C-Media audio processor is waste.
So do you think that if Asus (or any other sound card brand) left out the C-Media chip their cards would function the same, if that were possible, would not Asus leave out the C-media chip and save on manufacturing costs.

When there are lots of different brands and types of sound cards on the the Market.
You selective criticize the Asus cards when your trying to prop up Creative sound cards.
You target Asus cards, like a white racist targets selected minorities about societies problem, instead of criticizing all the different brands of sound cards that use the C-media audio processors, you always focus on the Asus brand only.

I advise you to read what I wrote. I'm talking about the software packages that USB DACs with partial gaming support have. Asus soundcards have as much gaming support as those specific USB DACs, not general purpose USB DACs.

Asus makes quite nice cards, just that the brand has blatantly advertised features it can't do, it's quite simple. What is it that you're not understanding?

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 22
Also, there isn't any manufacturer out there doing marketing based on pure lies, like what Asus do with their soundcards regarding gaming audio. So, when that manufacturer you seem to love stops lying about features it can't do due to not having licensed said features, get back to me.

And do learn to read context, everything I wrote above was clear from the previous post.

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

I advise you to read what I wrote. I'm talking about the software packages that USB DACs with partial gaming support have. Asus sound cards have as much gaming support as those specific USB DACs, not general purpose USB DACs.

Asus makes quite nice cards, just that the brand has blatantly advertised features it can't do, it's quite simple. What is it that you're not understanding?

Asus gets their processors from C-Media and most of the software for the C-Media processors is written by C-Media.
Other sound card brands use the C-Media, but you blame Asus for what C-Media's provides.
The only real functional software the Asus provides is the GX and it seems no one or at least very few on Head-Fi even talk about GX anymore.
You bring up the lawsuit Creative had against Asus over GX, why, it did not change anything on the Asus sound cards.
So your bring up a lawsuit that had no effect on anything and Creative Labs has sued in the past to keep out competition.
Maybe they sued Asus because they felt a real competition because of GX. who can say..

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
Asus gets their processors from C-Media and most of the software for the C-Media processors is written by C-Media.
Other sound card brands use the C-Media, but you blame Asus for what C-Media's provides.
The only real functional software the Asus provides is the GX and it seems no one or at least very few on Head-Fi even talk about GX anymore.
You bring up the lawsuit Creative had against Asus over GX, why, it did not change anything on the Asus sound cards.
So your bring up a lawsuit that had no effect on anything and Creative Labs has sued in the past to keep out competition.
Maybe they sued Asus because they felt a real competition because of GX. who can say..

Of course no functionality changed on Asus soundcards because they never had said features in the first place, it was just marketing fluff. And again, no other soundcard manufacturer that uses C-Media processors have done false advertising, only Asus, therefore only Asus has done foul play.

It seems you lack reasoning enough to understand that when proprietary features from a company haven't been licensed to another, and the latter starts advertising as supporting said features, that such situation isn't wrong. Get your facts straight before jumping on bashing bandwagons.

I bring facts to the table while you bring speculation, which has no real world value to the discussion.

Do you get it now or do I have to make a drawing?

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:
Of course no functionality changed on Asus soundcards because they never had said features in the first place, it was just marketing fluff. And again, no other sound card manufacturer that uses C-Media processors have done false advertising, only Asus, therefore only Asus has done foul play.
It seems you lack reasoning enough to understand that when proprietary features from a company haven't been licensed to another, and the latter starts advertising as supporting said features, that such situation isn't wrong. Get your facts straight before jumping on bashing bandwagons.
I bring facts to the table while you bring speculation, which has no real world value to the discussion.
Do you get it now or do I have to make a drawing?

I guess you will have to make a drawing.

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:
I guess you will have to make a drawing.

I'm sorry, I guess you'll have to keep using your soundcard with partial gaming audio support.

And BTW, there are several Creative soundcards and USB DACs I recommend against getting.

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #22 of 22
I put Creative on my blacklist since more than half a decade ago when their products starting becoming crappy.  I had last bought a premium sound card of theirs and the hardware went bad after only a year. Their drivers were inefficient also and keep crashing while the card was still working. I literally had to reinstall the driver every other reboot to get sound back.  I just got so frustrated after paying for a "premium" for such a letdown. Also, in current games it's not really clear to me whether there is "gaming audio support". There's not really a clear standard for "gaming audio support" so you might find your "gaming" sound cards obsolete within a few years. Modern CPU's do the side processing for sound just fine nowadays. I did notice my previous Creative sound card adding game explosions significantly more detailed and punchier. But I had gotten the same effect from an audiophile grade DAC plus much more.

I haven't tried Asus sound cards yet so I can't really comment other than their customer support hasn't been that well reviewed (coming from researching through newegg computer parts). I do like that they feature reinforcing the stability of their electronics by noticing things like attention to the ground plane(s) and power regulation.

Sorry to bug an old thread but I couldn't help letting it sit after I found it as one of the first results in googling for recommended ways to get a DH DAC/amp. I'd recommend looking into the HT Omega sound card since it's very well reviewed, has good software drivers, and supports DH (Dolby Headphone). Though, I still haven't chose my solution to getting a good and simple DH enabling DAC yet =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back