Best way to find missing Album Art in iTunes?
Jun 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Missing alot of almbum art and most of the music I have in my library was not purchased through iTunes.
Is there any way to get the art that I am currently missing?

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
I personally use albumartexchange.com for all my artwork in itunes.  I download a 600x600 file to a desktop folder and then embed it into the actual itunes file. 

Possible to do hundreds of albums at one shot? Is it free?

It loks like you can only search for one artist at a time. Id like to just send a txt file of all my music and get all the equivalent artwork. Would gladly pay for this.

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
It's free but you have to search the site album by album for the artwork

That would take me way too long. I need somehting that can do large amounts at one shot.

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 13
long story short, i tried lots of programs and services and to put it simply i got annoyed at the tedium and work it took to establish all my album art in itunes and on my ipod.  I finally sprung for "tuneup"  it costs anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars depending on what options you want, but the ease of use and headache it has saved me were worth it.   I still use it on a regular basis.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
long story short, i tried lots of programs and services and to put it simply i got annoyed at the tedium and work it took to establish all my album art in itunes and on my ipod.  I finally sprung for "tuneup"  it costs anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars depending on what options you want, but the ease of use and headache it has saved me were worth it.   I still use it on a regular basis.

Thanks for that info.
Interesting, I was just about to buy "Rinse" from Real Netwroks fro $39 but then hesitated when I saw your response.
Have you tried rinse and if so, is it comparable to Tuneup?

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #9 of 13
I noticed when I looked on iTunes for a big batch of cover art it would do a quick search and do a poor job. If I sorted by artist then right clicked to search for artwork iTunes would find it. You can work on it over time. I have over 5000 albums now.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
I noticed when I looked on iTunes for a big batch of cover art it would do a quick search and do a poor job. If I sorted by artist then right clicked to search for artwork iTunes would find it. You can work on it over time. I have over 5000 albums now.

What do you mean by "sort by artist"? Do you mean simply clicking artist box in itunes and then right clicking to find album art?
How does that yield better results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back