Best way to convert digital coax (or optical) into bluetooth atpx?
Feb 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rihsc102

New Head-Fier
I am moving to a wireless setup so I am selling my current wired headphones, amp, and dac and buying some B&W P7 Wireless.

My current wired setup is like this:

FLAC Music on Network Drive on PC --> Wifi --> Rasberry Pi with HifiBerry Digi+ and RuneAudio --> Digital Coax --> Schiit Modi 2 Uber --> Schiit Magni 2 Uber --> Beyerdynamic T90

I want the new setup to be like this:

FLAC Music on Network Drive on PC --> Wifi --> Rasberry Pi with HifiBerry Digi+ and RuneAudio --> Digital Coax (or optical) --> *UNKNOWN DEVICE* --> Bluetooth Aptx --> P7W Headphones.

What would be my best option for *UNKNOWN DEVICE*? I don't really want to spend more than £200 but I would consider it if the SQ is going to be much better than just using my mobile phone. The option use the B&W P7 Wireless in wired mode would be nice, but it's not essential. I know there are cheap bluetooth aptx transmitters on amazon, but do these offer good sound quality?

Or is there going to be no noticeable difference using the above setup instead of my mobile phone? As its being compressed though aptx anyway?

Any help would be appreciated.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 2
Well the best option I have found so far is this:

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-Wireless-Bluetooth-Transmitter-supported/dp/B00QV77YIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487186830&sr=8-1&keywords=homespot+optical+bluetooth

Never heard of the brand, so I'm not convinced it will sound better than my phone, and it uses bluetooth 3.0 which is pretty old now. I doubt I'd be able to walk around the house without drop outs. The problem with using my phone is that I can't use any device to control the music. RuneAudio gives me access to my entire music library, in FLAC, and I can access it from my iPad, PC, or phone, so I can control the music wherever I am in the house.

There are plenty of amps / dacs from reputable audio companies with bluetooth receivers, I just can't find anything with a bluetooth transmitter
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back