Best way to clean your ears?
Jan 22, 2006 at 9:42 AM Post #31 of 43
This thread is absolutely gross but hysterical as well.

I just finished cleaning mine out and accumulated quite a mass of...well...something. I put the "mass" on my table, then went and got my camera to take a photo. I opened the lens cover and was about to take a pic when the f**ck*r jumped off and ran behind the couch.
confused.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 10:48 AM Post #32 of 43
Okay, that's it. I've decided to have my ears removed, and the canals filled with concrete. I don't want small mutant beavers trying to make dams in my skull!

Jan 22, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #33 of 43
After seeing that I now NEED to clean my ears just to make sure I don't have that stuff in there!

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #35 of 43
I was going to write a long detailed post about how to clean your ears but that picture scared me so nevermind. No way that stuff would be in someone's ear.

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #36 of 43
I personally like this quote from the FAQ on the product's webpage:

Will it remove a bug that crawled in my ear?
No. Hold a flashlight towards your ear and the bug will crawl towards the light.

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #37 of 43
That picture made me wretch. How can earwax be hairy, euggh. Never really cleaned out my ears, I don't really get earwax build up. I use a cotton bud to clean the outer ear though. The eartips on my Ety's are still pretty much white after 6 months of use, my friends have gone a yellow orangy colour.

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowvr4
No. Hold a flashlight towards your ear and the bug will crawl towards the light.
[/b]

Shine it in the other ear and it burrows through your brain.

Ian

Jan 22, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
i use bobby pins to dig em out...then just wipe it with some wet q-tips. *do it at your own risk.*

yes i use bobby pins too; i thought i was the only one.
similar discussion here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...t=143011&pp=20

Jan 22, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldspice

I'm going to give my ears a rest before I stick my UM2's or Super.fi 5 Pros in there. I'll give some stuff a listen tomorrow and report back if there's significant improvement in SQ.

I'll be interested, as well. Not long ago I bought UM2's and never liked their "sound," especially when it came to drumbeats, which sounded "thumpy." I returned them. Now I seriously think that part of my problem here was that I had huge plugs of wax in my ears (my recently removed mass wasn't as gross as the one depicted, but trust me, it was impressive
eek.gif
) Afterward, my Ety's sound clearer and the bass, particularly, is more transparent and vibrant. With full-sized 'phones the difference is far less noticeable.

The bottom line: especially for IEM users, keeping those canals clean is a real contributor to SQ . . .

Jan 22, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by eysikal
Look what one of the people from the Testimonial section got out of his ear:

afteralltheseyears9jr.jpg

unless that person has an enormous ear canal, I doubt the ruler really got caught in the ear canal.

Jan 22, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i've found that a .44 magnum clears me out from ear to ear.

I thought I was the only one!! It works wonders for colds too
biggrin.gif

Ok, with that.... picture..... the mutant ear wax is weird but expected to some degree, but what the hell was a twig doing up there!!?? Is it from an apple of something!? Who the hell puts twigs in their ears?!
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back