best way to clean your ears for canals?
Aug 3, 2007 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just got a pair of E500PTHs and I would like to start taking better care of my ears to make sure wax doesn't get all up in them. I q-tip my ears, but I've read that some people use some sort of cleaning solutions and such to cut down on the ear wax.

Anyone have suggestions, or want to post your preferred method?

Thanks!
George

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnychis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

I just got a pair of E500PTHs and I would like to start taking better care of my ears to make sure wax doesn't get all up in them. I q-tip my ears, but I've read that some people use some sort of cleaning solutions and such to cut down on the ear wax.

Thanks!
George

Bosch power drill with a 3/8 bit....
eek.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bosch power drill with a 3/8 bit....
eek.gif

That should explain your avatar.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That should explain your avatar.

LOL
icon10.gif

In the shower

Let water run in hold for a few seconds let water run out - repeat

My doctor told me that years ago and said stay away from Q-tips cuz they push everything deeper.

My ears have been squeaky clean with no issues ever since.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by crwoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have a pocket pC or anything with a touch screen... use that stick that comes with it, it works!!
biggrin.gif

lol i'd be lying if i said i never used my pocketpc stylus to scratch an inner part of my ear or dig at it

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 36
You can get ear cleansing sprays now... I have one that has a straw and a conical type shape at the end (so that you can't insert it all that far) and it sprays a slightly foamy cleansing solution into your ear, leave your head to one side, then put a cotton pad or tissue over your ear and tip your head the other way to drain it out...

Works best right after a hot shower

I use my Westone UM2's almost daily (any time I'm out of the house basically) so I wanted to try something that wasn't as abrasive as repetitive cotton bud (q-tip) use, not as oily and difficult to apply as ear drops, and something that wasn't too expensive...

The brand I use is Boots' own brand (a chemist/pharmacy in the UK), but there were a number of different brands of ear cleansing sprays when I went to buy it

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 36
I can't remember the exact thread I got this recommendation from, but hydrogen peroxide worked extremely well for me. Just pour a little in your ear, wait for the crackling to stop, and rinse it out. I just got impressions of my ears done today and the audiologist said my canals were spotless.
icon10.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #11 of 36
Hey man, I ended up using crazy stuff. I start off with this:
blueloop.gif

And then I use diluted hydrogen peroxide ...50/50. I let it soak for like 5-7 minutes per ear.

Then I use a Qtip to dry what's left.

I do this like every 3 days or so.

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't remember the exact thread I got this recommendation from, but hydrogen peroxide worked extremely well for me. Just pour a little in your ear, wait for the crackling to stop, and rinse it out. I just got impressions of my ears done today and the audiologist said my canals were spotless.
icon10.gif

Truth.

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Truth.

Yeah if you cant find that other stuff that I mentioned (as a suggestion only)...the hydrogen peroxide is the BEST thing that can work by itself.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnychis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

Thanks!
George

get a girlfriend with fetish for cleaning boys' ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back