Best way to burn in the HD650?
Dec 29, 2005 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Atropos

New Head-Fier
Hi!
I have the HD650 with the Aria. Both already have about 30 hours of burn in. i am not really happy with the HD650 because they dont sound really clear. everything is veiled (not clear), not very detailed and the soundstage is also not as clear as it is on my pc desktop system. the stage also sounds far away from me.
do you guys think it will change after more burn in?

and what music would be best for burn in? music that is more aggressive with much bass? or something that is not that aggressive like norah jones "feels like home"?

thanks for any advice!

Dec 29, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Have you read the burn-in FAQ sticky post? I think it addresses some of your concerns. I bought my HD650 used so I don't know how much the sound changes with burn in.

If after burning them in you're still not happy with the sound, you probably need to replace the headphone cable. It is my impression that most people are not happy with the stock cable. I certainly was not impressed until I changed cables.

Try searching the forum as lengthy discussions on replacements cables have taken place in the past. People have also done comparisons of the various cables available.

Dec 29, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 8
I am getting my HD650 tomorrow, and will immediately change the stock cable, and put on my Equinox. I will put some very well recorded music on, like the DMB, and let them run for about 200 hours, before I start to sit back, and enjoy.
600smile.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 8
I have had mine for about 4 weeks now I would guess. I still burn them in at all times I am not listening to them. Unless of course my wife walks in and turns off the music :p I just setpu foobar and let it play. I started off with hip hop for bassy tunes, but now just let it play whatever is next on the list. I will have to say that while hip hop has lots of bass it lacks a lot of the mids. I would have to say that its prolly not the best out there for burn in.

A side note I absolutely love my hd-650s with norah jones. I hate to admit it but its sounds wonderful.

Dec 29, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krause
A side note I absolutely love my hd-650s with norah jones. I hate to admit it but its sounds wonderful.

Norah Jones sounds awesome with any can in my book
biggrin.gif
I think I'll change my playlist now, thanks.

Dec 29, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 8
Eh. I think burn-in has alot to do with you "getting used to" the sound of your new gear too.. Burn in while listening and put it down in the drawer when you go to bed?

Dec 30, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #8 of 8
just listen to them and your auditory system will get used to the sound (95% of "burn-in"). any actual break-in of the driver is already long finished, since you have 30+ hours on them.. so just put them on your head and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back