best warm sounding but cheap headphones for no more than $40
Feb 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TegraStorm

100+ Head-Fier
Its for a gift, i wanted to get headphones which aren´t audiophile quality (almost impossible at that low price) but have great sound, she doesn´t like bass so headphones with some upper-bass fits her. also, some which are emphasized in mids and some treble. thought about getting ath-m30 which are $40 on ebay, but im afraid they may have "too much bass" for her. in no way they are basshead headphones but they do have a good amount of it (according to reviews).

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 12
thanks for the respond but, any other suggestions? i know her likes and this is no where near... :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 12
Superlux HD681 EVO are not bass emphasized and are often regarded as the best quality headphone for the price, and are just under $40. They should be fine without an AMP, but would greatly benefit from one. I haven't heard one without an AMP, but it still might be a good choice either way from what I have heard.

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 12
  Superlux HD681 EVO are not bass emphasized and are often regarded as the best quality headphone for the price, and are just under $40. They should be fine without an AMP, but would greatly benefit from one. I haven't heard one without an AMP, but it still might be a good choice either way from what I have heard.

how would you compare this to the Audio Technica ath-m30?

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 12
My bad, computer glitch. Either way, the M30 is good, though if you're willing to spend more you'll get a lot better sound at $100.

lol ok i guess... tried the m30's at ishop yesterday... i couldn't stand the sound of them, got me out of my mind lol idk the bass was direct, punchy but lacked quality IMO, mids were "meh" and highs were harsh for me dang i feel picky. i just decided to get atomic bass 2 at the end because of her tastes, she loves them :p description has absolutely nothing to do with these ones, but she basically said it was good (noticed she was serious, not lying) ...yeah weirdo, thanks for the help anyway, BTW yeah im looking for some quality IEMs at aprox. $100 in another of my threads, i have tried like only 5 cheap IEM's so i have a bad concept of it, trying to make a decision 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back