Vampire Bloodlines

Doom 3

Quake

Diablo II

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #32 of 83
  • Metal Gear Solid - all of them, but 4 in particular
  • God of War III
  • TLOZ: Ocarina of Time
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Unbelievable game, yet everything since Sonic Heroes (and even that was pushing it) has sucked
  • Metroid Prime -Hated the way they did Echoes, and Corruption was just not that fun to play with the Wii controls

And the one I can't believe nobody has said...

Locoroco!
Bu Bu Poruche (Yellow's Theme)
Overly happy, yet incredibly fun to listen to for no reason. 

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #33 of 83
Chrono Cross has, without a doubt, the best music I have ever heard in a game, and some of my favorite music ever. Absolutely beautiful from start to finish. It's just a shame the sound quality is so poor on the CD's, but that's not at all uncommon for video game soundtracks.

Second place would be Crisis Core's soundtrack. It has a lot of reworkings of the same songs, but it's still excellent. The quality is also very good, which makes listening that much more pleasant.
biggrin.gif

Probably the best song from Chrono Cross:

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #37 of 83
Where do I start?

1. SC2 - Protoss songs are second to none.
  2. AC2 - As expected of Jesper Kyd.
  3. Mirror's Edge - Can't believe no one mentioned this. Lisa's ending song, "Still Alive", is one of my favourites.
  4. Diablo 2 - Atmospheric. nothing less short of Blizz.
  5. MW2 - Hans Zimmer. Self-explanatory.
  6. Guild Wars - Jeremy Soule. Factions' Chinese-themed songs are quite soothing.
  7. Crysis Warhead - Drum-oriented. Hovercraft pursuit is my favourite in that score. It's a shame they never released an official lossless source.
  8. Gears of War 2 - Steve Jablonsky from Transformers 1, 2.
  9. WoW - I don't play but I do listen to their music. They always put out one of the best scores in the industry.
  10. Elder Scrolls Oblivion - Jeremy Soule yet again.
  11. etc

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #38 of 83
All those soundtracks are trash compared to the Okami soundtrack. Anyone who has played the game will easily agree with me.

May 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #42 of 83
My top 5:

1. Final Fantasy IV
(FF main theme played when Kain stepped out of town in the intro and when the white sorcerers prayed near the ending)

2. Metal Gear Solid 2 Opening Theme

3. Xenogears - the whole sountrack

4. Chrono Cross - the whole soundtrack

5. Romancing Saga 2/3 - not sure if this was ever released in the States, but their soundtracks are phenomenal.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back