Best very portable amp
May 28, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rink111
Omg the amp is small!, but what the hell, why is your mini plug in so big? What is that?

That's an adapter, I think, to allow you to use a standard headphone plug...the plug is attached to the light blue Cardas upgrade headphone cable..
wink.gif

May 28, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #17 of 21
That isn't a mini plug. Plugged directly into the amp is a mini to quarter inch adaptor. Plugged into that adaptor is the Cardas Sennheiser replacement cable.

May 28, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
That isn't a mini plug. Plugged directly into the amp is a mini to quarter inch adaptor. Plugged into that adaptor is the Cardas Sennheiser replacement cable.

biggrin.gif
I could have sworn I just wrote that...
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #19 of 21
Best and "very portable" are not necessarily compatible. Obviously the smaller you get the quality may suffer as well. But anyway the Superdual is really tiny (just 30% bigger than a 9V battery). It has a bass boost and sounds good to me.

May 28, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #20 of 21
If the smallest possible size that still sounds decent is your object then probably the superdual will be your best bet. I have never heard it but I have a supermini, which I think sounds awesome for what it is. The superdual should sound even better. From what I've read, it should be comparable to a good PIMETA amp.

On the other hand if you're looking for a good compromise between size and quality, I think the SR71 is just the ticket. It's still small enough to fit in a large pocket, which is what PedigreeE wanted, and is the next step up from a good quality PIMETA. SR71 is pocketable audiophile. It competes with good quality home amps, such as a Headroom Little or a Perreaux SHX-1 and even the XP7.

May 29, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #21 of 21
I use HeadRoom's latest-generation Total AirHead almost every single day. It is so much better than the previous version, I personally think they should have gone with another name for it.

Some time ago, JMT actually called me up to ask me if I'd heard the new Total AirHead yet, raving about it, and insisting I pick one up. I'm glad I took his advice, because it's price-performance is stellar (I use it regularly to drive Sennheiser PX100 and PX200, Etymotic ER-4S, Shure E3c, and AKG K101). It has also proven very durable -- I may pamper home and office gear, but my portable stuff gets pretty beat on.

HeadRoom has a pretty attractive return policy last I checked, so I'd definitely recommend giving the Total AirHead a try in your portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back