Best versatile $200 IEM for symphonic/melodic metal
Dec 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hardRocker1423

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking for an upgrade to my cheap IEM's that I normally use. I'm looking mainly at the ~ $200 price range. They need to have good build quality and isolation, as I will be using them in the bus/ at school and on the road. I listen to mainly rock, most of that being symphonic metal, i.e. Nightwish, Epica, Sonata Arctica. As a result, the headphones need to be versatile, and able to play metal guitars and growling vocals, as well as symphonic elements and operatic female voices. 

Right now, the headphone that I am considering the most is the RHA T10i. From what I've read, it seems to have a rock solid build quality, good sound quality, as well as the ability to tweak the sound with filters. However, I am a little worried with people saying that is quite bass heavy; I'm fine with an emphasis on the bass, but I don't want a total bass-head headphone. 

Other headphones that I've been looking at include the Hifiman RE-600 and the DUNU Dn-1000. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for other headphones to look at, or opinions on the ones I mentioned (especially the T10i)? Thanks in advance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back