Best Value Heatsink?
Jul 28, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #16 of 20
SLK-900A

I think it's mentoned previously, but it's on sale for $19.99!

It's one of the best heatsinks available. Period.

Just slap on a Panaflo L1A 80mm (available at the same site) and you get pretty quiet, very effective cooling, depending on how much overclocking you want to do. If you want to do more extereme overclocking, you should prolly get a different fan.

I got an SLK-947U for $19.99 (on a previous sale) from them and it works great. If you can, I say get this. It's definitely of higher quality than the ALX ones. Just make sure it fits on your mobo here . Buy it. Now.

Jul 29, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #17 of 20
I'm looking for a pentium 4 heatsink cooler and I'm not going to do major overclocking if at all any. I do like the idea of being able to use my own fan of choice and being able to use a 92 mm fan (for quietness) Also i generally dont want it to be too heavy.. a little over 450 grams would be ok. I was looking into the alcu flower shaped heatsink/fan by zalman, but i'm not sure if it fits my mobo. (it doesn't list my mobo under the "not compatible list" but i mesured my mobo and don't think it will fit...) any suggestions?
oh and I have done a heck of a lot of research.. If the thermalright heatsink listed right above me was for intel then that would be perfect

Jul 29, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #18 of 20
The SLK-900A (and any SLK-XXXA and the ALX-800) are AMD only but an SLK-XXXU are universal (AMD or Intel) and SP-94 is Intel Only and would probaby be very good (it's currently one of the best for Intel air cooling, though Thermalright's new XP-120 120mm heatsink beats it (even with quiet fans) and weighs a lot less).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back