Best value for $$
Jan 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

davidw89

100+ Head-Fier
Not too cheap..not too expensive..desktop amp..must work with speaker + headphone..
have Shure 530PTh and Iaudio 7..my speaker is x 5400 (a cheap logitech one) but i plan to upgrade soon
~$200 ish..
any recommendation?

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 6
How much does a good one go for?

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much does a good one go for?

Best to personally audition them. Listen to what shops have on demo, putting aside focus on price and simply listening to discover which sounds best to you. When I started on my speaker system, I had my eyes on the relatively affordable NAD amplifiers and ended up getting the Cyrus, simply because none of the NAD models appealed to me sonically and the Cyrus simply swept me away. Had I forced myself to go with the cheaper models, I would have felt unhappy in the first place and possibly gone through a costly cycle of sell and upgrade. Better to hit it right the first time.

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 6
What's the primary application? Gaming or music? Near-field on a desktop or filling a large room? IMHO it's a waste to put an expensive audiophile integrated amp on Logitech computer speakers to play games. When you upgrade speakers are you going to stay with a powered 5.1 system, or are you going to a passive speaker system? Do you need 5.1 with digital inputs or is it 2-channel only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back