Best value Bluetooth earpods (NOT IEMs)
Jan 11, 2023 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sierras

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I did have a search around but failed to find specifically this subject.
I'll be renewing my phone soon, which brings with it the abscence of a 3.5mm headphone socket.
Although the Airpods are very good I don't want to spend that much so am looking for a not-quite-as-good but cheaper alternative. An abosolute No-No is an IEM, I just cannot get on with them.

Main use is music, followed by movies. To be used on the new android phone and the laptop. Range is not an issue, reasonable battery life, good sound quality with some weight to the bass.

What's out there?

Jan 11, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live are very good

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 4
If by "not IEM" you mean entirely no seal in the ear canal and allowing outside noise in (I used such headphones extensively in cities, as silicone seals mess with my sinuses to the point of extreme pain, and foam tips weren't widely available for stuff I listened on), I had good success with Razer's Hammerhead TWS earbuds (the first generation, non-pro, non sealing ones that come in a small pill-shaped container, the cans themselves look almost identical to AirPods). Are they the absolute best earbuds I've ever heard? Absolutely not. Did I eventually replace them for my portable uses with Sony 1000-XM3's with foam tips that destroy my ears less than silicone tips do? Yes, mostly. But I do still own them, and they're still convenient and decent sounding for the price and constraints.

Jan 12, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi folks,

I did have a search around but failed to find specifically this subject.
I'll be renewing my phone soon, which brings with it the abscence of a 3.5mm headphone socket.
Although the Airpods are very good I don't want to spend that much so am looking for a not-quite-as-good but cheaper alternative. An abosolute No-No is an IEM, I just cannot get on with them.

Main use is music, followed by movies. To be used on the new android phone and the laptop. Range is not an issue, reasonable battery life, good sound quality with some weight to the bass.

What's out there?
soundpeats Air3 Deluxe HS maybe what you are looking for.

I’ve noted details on Amazon Review if interested.

Note: skip the intro as those are for general consumers looking for some gift options, technical details are in the body part
6672F96B-79B7-4943-AE4F-DEC2EF5D60DC.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back