Best USB soundcard?
May 3, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #16 of 21
X-fi go

May 3, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
I'd just get a Zero DAC and upgrade the opamps. Will give you better sound and amplification than the E7 and won't break the bank. 

The Zero can also be upgraded further with a Belkin PureAV F9A1033f filter/isolator/protector.
Bigger upgrade than any opamp.  You can even plug your computer into it and get a mild improvement in sound in addition to the significant boost in performance that it will give your Zero or other external USB DAC/amp.
I read about it in this thread.  I picked one up with ten outlets not long after for about $50.  It also comes in 8 or 12 outlet versions.

May 3, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 21
The X-Fi Go Pro is known to have quite bad hissing issues, while the non Pro model has no hiss whatsoever, and has higher output settings (Go Pro-16/44; Go-24/48)

May 3, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #20 of 21
Well then get the one you wanted in the first place, the external X-FI HD. It's a really nice value.

May 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #21 of 21

Quote:

The Zero can also be upgraded further with a Belkin PureAV F9A1033f filter/isolator/protector.
Bigger upgrade than any opamp.  You can even plug your computer into it and get a mild improvement in sound in addition to the significant boost in performance that it will give your Zero or other external USB DAC/amp.
I read about it in this thread.  I picked one up with ten outlets not long after for about $50.  It also comes in 8 or 12 outlet versions.

Excellent advice right there. Why are we still talking about X-Fi when the biggest bang for your buck upgrade has now been mentioned? 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back