Best usability DAP for a TF10?
Jan 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

voon

100+ Head-Fier
Just mentioning the TF10's, since some players have issues with the multiarmature in-ear ... I do want a nice frequency response. I have tried out a Cowon C2 ... nice sound etc, but I think whoever designs usability at theirs must be rather daft ... really weird decisions there and not intuitive at all. Also, turns out the resistive touchscreen is kind of annoying on a small display. Well, I kind of knew that, but I wanted to try, my fault.

Is there somethin easier to use? I still find Apples simple standard iPod design (top menu is the genre/rtist etc menu, apps and such hidden in submenus etc) quite good, it's designed with music playing in mind, but I don't like Apple ... Cowon places all sorts of crap in the top menu most people probably never use. And cowons idea of "back button" is simply braindead, since I hve to tap a speech bubble (??) first to get the up arrow for goingbackwards... And there's the EQ ... tiny and on a C2, nearly completely unusable, due to extremely small arrows, you need to touch.

Can someone recommend something as decent sounding with a less weird user interface? I realize small players have their limitations, sure, but some of these Cowon ideas are unnecessary. I like their BBE though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back