best under open air $100,00 for gaming
Jan 17, 2015 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rafagoulart

New Head-Fier
hi guys,
I live in Brazil and I'm going to miami in the next month. I'll buy a kingston hyper x cloud but also want to buy a headphone open / semi-open for gaming
I plan to bring 3 or 4 of these headphones, I'll stick with 1 or 2 I most like and sell what is left.
are many options and I can not decide are the best, I hope you can help me
I want headphones with large soundstage and good positioning, comfort and build quality also are very important.
my options are these, accepted also other good options.

JVC HARX700
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Takstar TS-671
Takstar HI 2050
Samson SR850
Superlux HD 681
Superlux HD 681 evo
Superlux HD 668b
SoMic MH463
I used the headphones with a sound creative soundlaster z soundcard
thank you for your help

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey!

You can't go wrong with Hi-2050, it's very detailed and pretty neutral at its price point. Build quality is also very good. Not the biggest soundstage, but quite precise. Some headphones could provide a bigger soundstage (Pioneer Se-A1000) but more diffuse in comparison - not great for gaming.

Best Luck!

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Might be able to get a used Sennheiser HD558, for the $100 budget.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 5
  Hey!

You can't go wrong with Hi-2050, it's very detailed and pretty neutral at its price point. Build quality is also very good. Not the biggest soundstage, but quite precise. Some headphones could provide a bigger soundstage (Pioneer Se-A1000) but more diffuse in comparison - not great for gaming.

Best Luck!

Hi!

thanks for the reply,
I will remove Pioneer Se-A1000 of my options, the HI 2050 really are at the top of my list, you know how they are compared to the TS-671 (for gaming)?

Seems like you did some solid research. Out of those I'd choose either Takstar HI2050 or Superlux HD 681 EVO.

oh yeah

I have been reading a lot lately here in head fi (tanks, head fi!). headphones in my country are very expensive and we have a few decent options to buy.

the Superlux are very popular here in my country but I have read many reports about its durability, it is discouraging. another vote for 2050

Might be able to get a used Sennheiser HD558, for the $100 budget.

hi,

buy a used 555 is hard for me because I do not live in the USA. you know where I could find one in Miami or Orlando?

the 515 is not a good option for me?

maybe a akg K240?

the 598 really worth it, maybe I can make an effort to go to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back