Best unamped headphones for ALL types of music?
Jul 6, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
around 400$

That's a nice budget to work with. Do you need the setup to be portable? If yes, look into high-end IEMs like the E500/530. If not, look into top of the line Sennheiser or Grado like the HD650 or SR325i or MS2i (used at ~$200, new at ~$300), if you go this route you will have enough budget left over to buy an entry level amp like the Original Master or the LDII++ at ~$180.

What are you using as your source? If you have a stand-alone CD player, then go with the amp+headphone approach. If you have an Ipod, then go with the high-end IEM approach. If you're using a computer/laptop as source then you might want to go with something like the HeadRoom BitHead (~$150 new) + headphone.

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #18 of 25
Thanks for the great suggestions everyone.
the problem is that i am now more confused than i was before.
my source is my soundcard,and i have an old harman kardon reciver as an amp,but it sounds bad with headphones,so i plug my headphones directly to my soundcard.
the problems with the Grado's is that they are mainly for rock(which is a good thing,but too restricting at the same time)
and other headphones require an amp to shine.
will the DT-990's sound good unamped?i think they're a good option,because i definitly would get an amp in the future,and i would like to have headphones that would be upgradble with time.

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #19 of 25
I recommend the Grado SR-60.
Of course you can get better headphones like the SR-225 or even the MS2i. But if you gonna use it unamped, i don't think it worth extra money once the difference isn't gonna be so big. Using with an amp is a completely differente story ...

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #20 of 25
AD2000 used for 400 =p

half-serious, they work well with many different genres and can complement most higher end stuff you want to throw at it

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The answer is D2000 for $400, but supposedly they're outta stock everywhere...

just a little correction , D2000 are 270$
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back