Best unamped headphones for $200 or less?
Apr 29, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by craig134
The grados are probably also ruled out due to the fact I'll be using these headphones for long periods of time and grados are notorious for being pretty uncomfortable.

All of these headphones are highly acclaimed;How am I going to make a decision?
confused.gif

further narrowed list:
Sennheiser HD-595s
Ultrasone Hi-Fi 650
Audio Technica ATH-A900

Though KJ869 says that the clamping force on the Ultrasones can loosen: I still think that they are more uncomfortable than even Grados. Note that the Ultasones are supposed to provide isolation, therefore the clamping force will always be existing. I used the Ultrasones for about 1 month and tried to loosen the clamping force and the improvement was rather subtle. Also note that the pleather used on the Ultrasones will make you sweat after 30min (guaranteed). Don't get me wrong, these are great phones....for on the road.
Just my 2 cents.

Quote:

Alright I think I'll get the Audio Technica ATH A900s then. What websites sell them that ship worldwide?

www.audiocubes.com (and good customer service)

Apr 29, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Alright I think I'll get the Audio Technica ATH A900s then. What websites sell them that ship worldwide?

I think audiocubes is the recommended place... or the only place, depending.

Apr 29, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 20
since audiocubes does not allow returns, how much would someone get for a900's if they used it for like 1 week and is in perfect condition with no scratches or anything at all. usd please. Is there another place that sells a900's for the same price or really close to audiocubes price with a return policy? todd really needs to get into selling AT's :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back