best unamped earbuds?
May 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

2rooi123

1000+ Head-Fier
im converting from iems to earbuds now. any suggestions on the best unamped earbuds? i want big bass liquid gold mids and sparkly but smooth treble thanks

May 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 9
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/e...-cm700-371235/

There you go
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 9
No man, only a few. I know for a fact the PK1 needs amplication but the others should be fine without. Of course buds aren't my for-te(I know that's wrong lol) but the PK2/3 OK2/3s Sennheiser buds can be used straight out of the HO jack.

If you want the numbers just google them and look at the specs. Look for something with relatively low impedance and high sensitivity. Low being around 32 (closer to that the better) and high being 112 (highest I've seen, I think the Super.fi 5 v2s have around that).

May 3, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course buds aren't my for-te(I know that's wrong lol) but the PK2/3 OK2/3s Sennheiser buds can be used straight out of the HO jack.

/thread de-rail

you almost had it right, assuming you're going for the french it would just be forte, meaning strong, and prounced like fort (for the love of God, not fort-ey(a) thats a loud noise!)

though if you where going for the Italian I think its the opposite....

/gently puts the thread back on its rails

ph34r.gif

May 3, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha I knew it was forte. I am really lacking sleep and I have a full week of school coming up :/

and so do I :p

no excuses

/once again tries to put the thread back on its rails wilst apologzing to the OP

ph34r.gif

May 3, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 9
The need for amplification really depends on your source. Something monstrous like the S:Flo2 or AMP3 can drive the Yuin OK1 just fine. My Sansa Fuze, on the other hand, sounds positively anemic and barely goes loud enough and the iRiver T5 starts clipping at higher volumes.

May 3, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The need for amplification really depends on your source. Something monstrous like the S:Flo2 or AMP3 can drive the Yuin OK1 just fine. My Sansa Fuze, on the other hand, sounds positively anemic and barely goes loud enough and the iRiver T5 starts clipping at higher volumes.

so which is the best earbud for s:flo2? or even any source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back