Best unamped/cheap amp can for lots of electronic and some indie rock?
Jun 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Brizzl

New Head-Fier
Looking for around $200 or less total. Going to be home listening, most likely out of my PC. Electronic being mostly electro, glitch hop and dubstep. Suggestions? Thanks guys

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 8
A900x is a great headphone, and can occasionally be found in the $100-$120 range.  Bass is not overblown, but is satisfying.  Vocals are really nice, comfort is excellent for most.

You might want a sealed headphone for PC use.  Open headphones are a bad idea with a noisy PC
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #5 of 8
Forgot to mention the AD900x, MA900, DT990, and X1 are good 'open' options for the genres you listed.  Assorted from least to most bass heavy, but none of these have an overblown 'basshead' sound

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 8
I am definitely not a basshead by any means, more of a treble head if anything. This coming from owning the V Moda Crossfade LPs. 

I have looked into the DT990, and frankly they seem to be very harsh and need a decent amp to tame them at all.
I found a $175 pair of Denon AH-D600s, so I might just jump on that. Reviews on those look very good- tight bass and sparkly treble.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Straight out of your PC? Electronic music with deep bass? 

at $175 grab the Ah-D600. it punches way above that price point and you'll be hard pressed to get such a comfy can for that price range that meets your criteria. 

I got mine specifically for its excellent bass to use for electronic music. It turned out to be a good performer for acoustic music too, watching movies (comes with an additional long high-quality cord), playing games. Its quite immersive. 

Not sure about burn in, but I really warmed up to these headphones after using them for a weekend. Bass seemed to tighten up. 

Hope you get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back