Best unamped cans... < £200
Sep 9, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #16 of 23
Elusive, you have both the HD595 and the A900 normal ones (according to sig). Which in your opinion will be best based on what i am wanting.

(directed at everyone now)

I think, looking at the LDM+ (which i guess is the Little Dot Micro+) that although not inconveniant, will cause me extra hastle at LAN events, at home, etc etc. I have already payed for the front connections as it were, and that would be redundant if i used an amp.

so if i were to NOT get an amp, would the A900, A900LTD (assuming they can be found) or the HD595 be best all rounders?

And if i was to get a LDM+ (if i can get one lol) which would be the best out of the 3 mentioned above?

Or, if i were to double my budget... would the HD600 or 650's with the cardas cable and a LDM+ (or better) really be worth another £200+ it will cost me?

I want to get it right, and for them to last, so if it meant spending more then thats fine.

I will try and arrange an audition with at very lest my 515, some 595's and some A900 (of which ever sort i can get).

The whole hog HD600, especially at the same time would be harder though
wink.gif

I can order Sennheiser cans through work for a good price, but the rest is a little out of our range of suppliers as we dont deal with american or japanise companies, which being based in the UK is what you would expect :p

Ty, Gilly :p

Sep 10, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
With a $200 budget, there's a lot wrong with that combo.

Psst! The budget is £200, not $200!

Sep 10, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly
Elusive, you have both the HD595 and the A900 normal ones (according to sig). Which in your opinion will be best based on what i am wanting.

(directed at everyone now)

I think, looking at the LDM+ (which i guess is the Little Dot Micro+) that although not inconveniant, will cause me extra hastle at LAN events, at home, etc etc. I have already payed for the front connections as it were, and that would be redundant if i used an amp.

so if i were to NOT get an amp, would the A900, A900LTD (assuming they can be found) or the HD595 be best all rounders?

And if i was to get a LDM+ (if i can get one lol) which would be the best out of the 3 mentioned above?

Or, if i were to double my budget... would the HD600 or 650's with the cardas cable and a LDM+ (or better) really be worth another £200+ it will cost me?

I want to get it right, and for them to last, so if it meant spending more then thats fine.

I will try and arrange an audition with at very lest my 515, some 595's and some A900 (of which ever sort i can get).

The whole hog HD600, especially at the same time would be harder though
wink.gif

I can order Sennheiser cans through work for a good price, but the rest is a little out of our range of suppliers as we dont deal with american or japanise companies, which being based in the UK is what you would expect :p

Ty, Gilly :p

LDM+ is smaller then a cigarette box, so i dont know how much hassle that will be. LDM+ wont drive the HD650-HD600 efficiently it prob wont be much better then unamped. unamped HD650-HD600 sounds worse then a A900, same goes with HD595. audio technica cans are one of the best sounding cans with out an amp. if you did a simple search on "little dot micro" or "best gaming cans" most of your questions would be answered but i guess looking at your previous posts your the type that likes to be spoon feed...
redface.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
if you did a simple search on "little dot micro" or "best gaming cans" most of your questions would be answered but i guess looking at your previous posts your the type that likes to be spoon feed...
redface.gif

If i hadnt of gone searching i wouldnt of known what an LDM+ was in the first place. If you want to act like a prick thats fine. i came here asking questions, if you would rather moan at my lack of searching skills thats fine, im sure you were the worlds best headphone expert since you were born and learnt nothing from this "wonderful" (haha what a ****ing joke) resource. if this is what this audiophile comunity does when people ask questions you can all go **** yourselves
smily_headphones1.gif

This thread has given me more questions that it has answered, so if that gives me no right to ask for clarification then so be it.

please delete my account someone, doesnt look like ill be needing it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly
If i hadnt of gone searching i wouldnt of known what an LDM+ was in the first place. If you want to act like a prick thats fine. i came here asking questions, if you would rather moan at my lack of searching skills thats fine, im sure you were the worlds best headphone expert since you were born and learnt nothing from this "wonderful" (haha what a ****ing joke) resource. if this is what this audiophile comunity does when people ask questions you can all go **** yourselves
smily_headphones1.gif

This thread has given me more questions that it has answered, so if that gives me no right to ask for clarification then so be it.

please delete my account someone, doesnt look like ill be needing it
smily_headphones1.gif

Act like a prick? What are my pass posts been saying then? i prob gave you the most feed back in regard to your questions in this thread. But i guess you just focus on one sentence worth of criticism and throw a fit over it.

yes you didn’t do a half decent search and prob didn’t bother to read the feed back threads...doesn’t take a bloody genius to figure that out.

Sep 10, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #22 of 23
Avoid the HD6XX if it's for gaming.
The HD280 is good for gaming (but that's probably the only thing).

I see alot of people lately @ lanparties using HD555's and HD595, unamped so I don't think they're a bad choice.

I also had a convo about their headsets and they seemned pleased about it.

Oh about this... "prick-thing" I think it's a missunderstanding, he was just pointing out that the LDM+ is probably not as good and not worth buying. I'm pretty new here myself but when you come on this forum you have to keep in mind that there's more to a headset then just "a headset". Also people have different tastes when it comes down to headsets, it's still up to you to decide, the people here just gave you a range of headsets that would fit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back