Best Travel headphones <$150 ✈️
Apr 12, 2018 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ggilman

New Head-Fier
Looking for a comfortable pair of closed headphones or IEM's for under $150 for flights.

The EarPods that come with the iPhone are ok, but uncomfortable for me. I typically use open Sennheisers, and value soundstage and warm sounds.

The beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm headphones look like a perfect option, but would like to get to a price point closer to $100 for something I'm only going to use once in a while.

thanks!

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm kind of digging the 1more Triple Driver over ear for that, although it's a little over that price point. It sounds great, and isolates surprisingly well. I got mine with a promotional discount, not sure if it's still going.

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 6
Good soundstage in a cheap closed-back is unlikely. As for warm, I have good experiences with the PSB M4U1 on international flights, it isolates well, and you can get an ANC version if you want. Should be cheaper now that the m4u8 is out. For the $100 I'd hit the used market.

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the 770 32 ohm and they have a very good soundtage. One of the best of any closed back it is said, though I haven’t made comparisons. They aren’t warm though. They are extended in the bass and treble, which combine to make a somewhat neutral sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back