Best TOTL Headphone for Classical Recordings? DMS Checks out the Final Audio D8000 Pro
Jan 17, 2023 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Join DMS in this review to check out what makes the intricacies of the D8000 Pro so special and why it's a standout choice for him among other TOTL headphones.

Check out the headphone on our webstore here.​

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 15
surprised to see Youtube review by an independent YouTuber on the homepage of Head-Fi.

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 15
surprised to see Youtube review by an independent YouTuber on the homepage of Head-Fi.

DMS still has his own channel but he is a full-time staff member at Headphones.com these days.

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 15
Great review. DMS is defo great signing for Headphones.com

Any chance that any of you guys gonna review the D8000 Pro limited edition?

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #5 of 15
Great review. DMS is defo great signing for Headphone.com.

Any chance that any of you guys gonna review the D8000 Pro limited edition?

Keep up the good work.

I will check in on that and get back to you.

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 15
Much appreciated :)

Anytime - I haven't heard either yet, so I'm very interested myself; our team has a lot of good things to say about versions, but no one has had either at the same time, by the looks of it.

I know the most significant differences are in the finish and material changes. I put it on our to-do list so we can at least get you all a short written comparison sooner than later.

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 15
Anytime - I haven't heard either yet, so I'm very interested myself; our team has a lot of good things to say about versions, but no one has had either at the same time, by the looks of it.

I know the most significant differences are in the finish and material changes. I put it on our to-do list so we can at least get you all a short written comparison sooner than later.
That would be awesome. I currently own both of them. I did some comparisons in the D8K Pro thread and althought sound signature is mostly the same (bright-neutral), I've noticed some slightly tonal variations compared to the regular D8K Pro. That's certainly due to the new washi pads, which are firmer and keeps the ears further from the driver.

Anyways, A/B comparisons are hard and still very subjective, so Id love a review and a graph so we can get some objective info as well.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 15
Jan 25, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #11 of 15
Ok thanks
Was not ware of it.

Of course! Happy to clarify.

That would be awesome. I currently own both of them. I did some comparisons in the D8K Pro thread and althought sound signature is mostly the same (bright-neutral), I've noticed some slightly tonal variations compared to the regular D8K Pro. That's certainly due to the new washi pads, which are firmer and keeps the ears further from the driver.

Anyways, A/B comparisons are hard and still very subjective, so Id love a review and a graph so we can get some objective info as well.

Best regards.

Hopefully, @GoldenOne will get one up in the next few weeks. I do know we are getting one to him sooner than later.

Kind of late to the party...

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-d8000-pro-edition.23832/reviews

Tons of reviews and experience threads.

Most of know this is a TOTL can....its a great headphone.

Good to see more exposure....

Thanks so much! We've been super impressed by it and realized there was a massive gap in the market around content for it.

Glad you all are enjoying the coverage!

Jan 25, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 15
Keep the "late" reviews coming. Reviews based upon mature experience and comparison are just as valid as "me first" reviews in the launch window

100% - no point in rushing a review if it isn't quality.

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 15
great review. have always been interested in the D8000 Pro. at some point, i will acquire one.

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy your time with it when you do pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back