Best Tips for Monoprice 8320?
Dec 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Darkstar2010

New Head-Fier
I want to buy some new tips for my Monoprice 8320 IEMs. I went to the Comply site but that model wasnt listed so now Im here trying to find out which tips will fit a 8320 and are the best kind?

Thank you for any help!!

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
I'm using Meelectronics tips. Specifically, single flange tips for the M6. Their double flange work well too.
http://www.meelec.com/category_s/377.htm

This is my first pair of IEMs so there is a bunch of stuff I dont understand at the moment... What are single flange for and what are double flange for? Also your link takes me to a bunch of different tips and Im not sure which ones to choose.

Also what are the differences between Silicon Tips and Foam Tips?

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 8
im using these at the moment http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts1-df-50-gy.htm , though i think it would be best to go with the normal dual flange. Silicon tips are made of silicon and cant expand to fit your ears while foam tips can but foam tips , especially comply , wear out and lose their elasticness within 1-3 months.Foam tips have more isolation but can make the treble slightly rolled off. i normally use meelectronics dual flanges on everything because they fit near perfectly for me , but it might not be the same for you. LOL , these are your first iems , i started off with the old skullcandy inkd buds and threw them out once i went to headfi :D

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 8
sorry about not replying , didnt get the email notification. The main diffrence is , on the monoprices , the soundstage gets slightly wider. there isnt really much diffrence other than sound.  dual flanges have two tips so if u have a bigger ear they will stick better , it really is more to ur prefrence and ear size than anything else. Single flanges only have 1 tip so it doesnt go as deep in your ear. There is also triple flanges which are 3 tips and they go the deepest in your ear

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 8
i just found out 5 mins ago..meelectronics tips(normal silicone not double or triple flanges),, TRUST ME
even better than comply

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Could try fabbing some tri-flange or bi-flange tips out of some 3M PELTOR Sport tri-flange earplugs, I'm getting good mileage with the bi-flanges I made out of those plugs on my Bass Freqs, but your mileage may vary on the 8320s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back