Best thread ever
Dec 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

higgsbison

Head-Fier

Looking for new phones to improve on and also compliment and offer something different to my current Beyerdynamic DT440s. Want something that is more comfortable, and doesn't get fatiguing after they have been on your head for a while. Would like something smoother and warmer, controlled bass, accurate staging, and detailed but prob more of a mid focus without being very obvious. Would prefer open but may consider closed as well.

They must be able to be run relatively well from a Clip Zip and Fiio E10 so that limits my options a lot. Would also like something that can be bought locally just in case they're a dud build wise. Can get these all for under $300 Aus dollars. Not sure what they all are in US.

With these criteria my local options appear to be

Senn HD598  ($299)
Audio Technica AD900  ($279)
AKG 242HD  ($249)
Shure SRH840  ($199)
Beyerdynamic DT250  ($299)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back