Best Therion Full Length Release of the Noughts?
Mar 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
Just curious how this would pan out, although I have an idea. I chose to separate Lemuria and Sirius B, plus included the live albums obviously.

The candidates:

61mVcCvL6uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Deggial
51IuZihXICL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Secret of the Runes
61u70gH67EL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Live in Midgard
51ZCcnFihRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Lemuria
61PwuSYu8ZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Sirius B
51wFxw8QLWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Gothic Kabbalah
616oFg0M8aL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Live Gothic
617p-xeKcbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
The Miskolc Experience

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm bit surprised that there is only four votes in a day. I know Therion isn't The Beatles, still I wouldn't consider them an obscure band or anything.

If you wanted more replies you need to ask this topic at Ultimate Metal forum, cause this forum has a good number of metalheads but it's not like they dominate the forum, or that all of them have years of experience with metal.

What do you mean by "of the Noughts"? I can't say I am a big fan of their post-Vovin albums, Theli and Vovin are still my favorite albums from them, but if I ranked all the studio albums in your list it'll go:

Lemuria (best)
Secret of the Runes
Sirius B

Deggial
The Miskolc Experience
Gothic Kabbalah (worst)

It's not easy to choose between Lemuria and Secret of the Runes, both are solid albums, but it's very easy to choose Gothic Kabbalah as the worst album they have ever done.

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 13
Six years ago, a friend (who is now my wife) tried very hard to get me into metal, and while I was interested in it musically, I didn't really grok it for the longest time. Secret of the Runes was the first metal album I truly enjoyed without any caveats, and they are without doubt to blame for the fact that I am now an unabashed metalhead. Since SOTR, I feel they've only gotten stronger, and Gothic Kabbalah is IMO the best album of the 00's by any artist.

Very much looking forward to their forthcoming album this spring! \m/

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Six years ago, a friend (who is now my wife) tried very hard to get me into metal,

Wow, she's a keeper. Therion has bestowed great fortune upon many people.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Six years ago, a friend (who is now my wife) tried very hard to get me into metal

Wow, great find! I wish I could get my woman interested in metal.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back