best tablet for audio?
Feb 11, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 29

As I mentioned above. With the correct cable the Amazon Fire HD 10 works well into my Schiit Modi 2. I use Spotify and music I've downloaded from my PC. I am also  an Amazon Prime subscriber, so the Amazon music and video library is available to me as well.

The Fire comes in several sizes, and I'm tempted to try one of the smaller versions as well.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have TIDAL? 

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #17 of 29
  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have TIDAL? 

You can download a TIDAL app.  Or, you can access Tidal through the HD 10s browser.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #19 of 29
  Oh, I checked the Amazon app store and couldn't find TIDAL, i'll check again thanks! The browser version of TIDAL doesn't sound as good as the app IMO.

I just downloaded it. It works just fine.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 29
Feb 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #22 of 29
  What is UAPP ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjBscXMg_HKAhWSco4KHVyTCoQQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro%26hl%3Den&usg=AFQjCNFNWckDMKIjnffQGqkzF0AMzX2C-A&bvm=bv.114195076,bs.2,d.c2E

It's a player that also has TIDAL, the advantage is it outputs native USB signal bypassing the Android 5 upsampling function. So basically it sounds better.

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #23 of 29
might wait for the upcoming google nexus tablet made by huawei...also new tabs coming out by samsung
https://www.google.ca/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=new+google+tablet+made+by+huawei

...hook up a dragonfly red dac/amp (or the lg bang /olufsen version)
and bob is your uncle for lightweight, quality portable sound.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/04/audioquests-dragonfly-red-puts-high-end-daps-on-notice/

May 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #24 of 29
I'm looking for the exact same thing. 10" with a focus on the audio performance. So far I've found Sony Xperia Z2, Surface 3 4 gig / 64 / 128. Lenovo yoga 3 pro, and the Asus Z580CA-C1-BK. The Sony specifically sells the HR audio quality. A couple with advanced Dolby, so figure a little more attention was paid to the audio end. I have yet to find any of the manufacturers that talk about the DAC built in. I contacted one of the DAC manufacturers to see if they'd have a list of tablet manufacturers that use their chipset., they don't. As someone said, a missed market segment. My plans was to use it in the Car. I currently use a 160GIG iPod coupled with a V-Moda Vamp Versa. Had a Fostex HP-P1. Just thought a Tablet could be a good alternative slimming down the gadget bag on trips in car or other modes of transit. Battery life and capacities are better. And they generally charge while in use. Let me know if you find anything. I'd like to stay around $600., unless outstandingly spectacular!!

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #25 of 29
I bought the ASUS ZenPad, great little Tablet. Hell of a time getting full specs out of the manufacturers. What type of DAC was the main question. But would be nice to know Headphone output/Impedance. Did the unit have OTG and USB Audio. Contacted ASUS, they fumbled for an answer and then came back with no. I recall reading an article saying it did. I think the CSR was basing his information on the Euro Version that came out with earlier Andorid 4.4. The one I bought came with 5. I then came across an article indicating that there are free programs you can download to determine if the unit is OTG. I did and it is. Long and short. It did not have enough output to drive the Car System. Returned it.

Timing is everything. Microsoft was having a sale. The Surface 3 128 GIG was on for 599.10" with the ability to charge and output at the same time. Brought along my Vamp Versa and a set of Grado's RS1. In and out in less than 15 mins. Confirmed it had OTG before hitting the store via the online chat. Microsoft offer a 30 day return policy and a 45 day option on the extended warranty. The Warranty is a replacement variety including accident damage for $99, good for 2 years. During the first 30 days. you are covered automatically without charge. Smart.

The Audio output works for me. By itself, there is more than enough jam to power the Car System, and the sound rivals the Vamp Versa with a little EQ tweaking. So when the iPod/Vamp Versa power down on the long trips, this will do the trick nicely. One thing, it is not, or so it seems, hot swappable. There is a power up and down scenario when using the Vamp Versa. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #27 of 29
Hello All.  I am very interested in the recently released ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 9.7" tablet.  This tablet was announced in 08/16 and the manufacture (ASUS) has listed HI-RES music certification.  Does anyone have any experience with this tablet or know what DAC is used in the device?

​I have done multiple searches and have read the manufactures owner's manual but the hardware specs have not been readily available.  Any information would be greatly appreciated

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #28 of 29
Hi very interesting thread and sorry if i take this up again
I have great experience with Lenovo tablet I know that this is weird but sometimes even with headphones i am impressed by its sound quality
I will be testing it sending the signal to my stereo system soon
I think that Lenovo is a good brand to watch for good sound.
Has anyone got very good sound from a tablet when using just the internal sound card ?
if so please share your findings.
Thanks and regards, gino

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #29 of 29
I am now using a Fire HD 10 Plus with UAPP to my Questyle CMA Twelve Master... Fantastic streaming solution...

Attachments

• 20220812_171007.jpg
    20220812_171007.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_142734.jpg
    20220812_142734.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_142635.jpg
    20220812_142635.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back