Best Synergies?
Apr 24, 2007 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Xiode

100+ Head-Fier
For my next set of cans, I'm looking at getting either: HD650's, 325i's, DT990's, or AKG 701's. I can't particularly decide at the moment. I don't think I'm too big of a fan of Grado sound, although I haven't ruled them out completely, as I paired my HF-1's with a rather bright amp as it is (Rockhopper M^3).

However, given my music preference (Rock: progressive, hard, metal, pop-punk, alternative, etc...), which headphone/amp synergy would you guys reccomend? I could sell my M^3 to pay for a new amp if necessary, but right now I'm working with about $400 USD. I'm mainly considered with the amp, as this is the amp section of the forums (and I'm not as familiar with all of the different brands)
biggrin.gif

Suggestions?

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Having owned the 325i's, owning the RS2s now, and heard the HF-1s, I think you should rule out the 325i's. They just do not cut it compared to Grado's other offerings IMHO. I'm not so sure about the amp upgrade, but thought I would chime in on that.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I'm still curious to see what all the Grado hype is about since I'm obviously not seeing it as of now.
wink.gif
The curiosity is getting to me, and I kind of want to pair it with a darker amp and see if I don't like them any better. Any opinions as to the best synergy with each of the heaphones I listed, and to the best overall amp (one that would work well with most or all of the heaphones listed)?

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Anyone? I'm just ordered some DT990's, recabled with a silver wire. What would be the best ROCK amp for them? Currently I have a Rockhopper M3 (with AD8610 opamp I believe). Also, should I consider upgrading my source? I have a Sony CE595 and Pioneer DV-563A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back