Best sub $500 wireless & workout headphones?
Feb 15, 2020 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kranebrain

Head-Fier
My better half needs a new pair of wireless headphones that she can use for working-out and hanging around.

I got her a pair of wireless earbuds years ago but the battery didn't last long and couldn't wear while charging. So preferably I'd like headphones - or at least earbuds that can be worn while charging.

This forum has always been knowledgeable so I hope y'all can guide me in an area where I'm ignorant.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 2
My better half needs a new pair of wireless headphones that she can use for working-out and hanging around.

I got her a pair of wireless earbuds years ago but the battery didn't last long and couldn't wear while charging. So preferably I'd like headphones - or at least earbuds that can be worn while charging.

This forum has always been knowledgeable so I hope y'all can guide me in an area where I'm ignorant.

Hi,

You didn't say if you were looking for on or over ear (also ANC?) but for over ears, you could take a look at Rtings test results for their over ear "working out" recommendations.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/over-ear-headphones-working-out

In particular their battery life test results and their comfort/breath-ability/stability tests/scores are probably what you want to look at.

I personally find over ear models too warm when exercising. I wear a pair when power walking during the winter (double as ear muffs) but switch to smaller on ears (don't like the fingers stuffed in my ears feeling of in ears) for warmer times. But I would suspect for gym type working out, movement/sliding of the headband when bending etc. for either on or over ear would be the big concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back