Best Sub-$5 headphones?
Aug 4, 2007 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Jeffreybar

100+ Head-Fier
All these cheapie threads have me wondering if we can go even lower...I've seen $4 headphones before. Which is the best of the absurdly cheap phones/buds/whatever? I'm willing to go to $6 if necessary.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 22
Oh don't be such a stick in the mud.
wink.gif
I was reading the thread where they were discussing the headphones gotten at Big Lots (Accura 660s I think?) and saw how much fun folks were having with that, so I thought it would be fun to see what dirt-cheap stuff folks have found that didn't sound terrible. I remember that I used to have a pair of Sony buds (no idea what model #) that I really enjoyed back in the day...then I got the Senn MX-500s (which everyone on here used to think were the great cheapo phone and which cost 3x as much as my sony buds), and thought they were terrible. So clearly there's some fun/good stuff (relatively speaking) to be had at that price level.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 22
There was a KSC 10 or something? Reaaaally cheap version of KSC75 weighed in at $3 a pair, for kids who like to lose theirs.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #10 of 22
If you are being serious...see if your local Big Lots carries Accura SR660's.

If not check your Target's clearance rack and see if you can find a Philips SHS391.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone heard these? For $3.50 I might just pick up a pair...Amazon reviews give it 4.5/5 stars, for what that's worth.
wink.gif

I had some just like those back in 1997, even before I knew anything of high end headphones, and I thought they where pretty craptastic.

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone heard these? For $3.50 I might just pick up a pair...Amazon reviews give it 4.5/5 stars, for what that's worth.
wink.gif

Yeah, virtually no mids at all. I mean virtually no mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back