Best Sub $400 Customs for Rock and/or Electronic Music
Nov 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

theguatemalian

Head-Fier
So I am going to delve into my first pair of custom IEMs since the idea intrigues me and carrying around full-sized cans is getting boring and my ears get hot.

So I listen to a lot of rock (no specific genre I just love anything with a good guitar in it), and electronic music, not the bassy stuff though more in the vein of Eelke Klein.

So what are your suggestions of which company to go with for my first Custom and what model?  

All replies are appreciated!

Nov 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 5
It's one of my favorites :D.

Anyway I was thinking about the JH5 Pros of one of the low end UE models. Although I don't know what the sound quality is like on those because for the same amount of money I could probably get the Ety ER4S/P which are praised for awesome reproduction, are these lower-end models worth the coin or is the sound inferior to the Etys?

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry mate 

Can't really say, cos I don't know much about those models.

I've owned a few universal iems, and if you like bass, the IE8's sound pretty good. Gives a good real sounding kick to the bass that other iems can't match as well, as they use a different system

Sub bass, the SM3's are pretty good for those low sounds, probably not as big a thud, but really deep and authoritative

I used them to listen to bookashade:Darko, and it sounded pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5S4zsirdE

The song above sounds like it needs pretty tight punchy accurate bass. 

The Triple Fi 10's have that really accurate fast bass, but not that club boomy sound, but it would be nice with the vocals in that song above

Im gonna be getting the CK100s soon, so I can let you knw about them if you want

For customs, I reckon if you spend a bit more maybe 100USD more, I heard some good things about the 1964Q which are those quad drivers with extra drivers for the bass

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back