Best sub $300-$400 speakers for sound that is NOT dry/bright/overly analytical.
Jan 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
[size=13.0pt] PSB B4, B5 might fit the bill. I have never heard them, but I know they have a good reputation. They might have the sound I am looking for you think?[/size]

I love my PSB's it's the most enjoyable sounding equipment I've ever heard.

For what else you said but I didn't quote.
Most home theater amps are $200-$300+

You could get a good integrated amp(2 channel) in Marantz PM 5004 for $449.

There are stereo receivers around $200 or so which have radio tuners in them but integrated amps seem to be better quality though.
NAD and Cambridge Audio have integrated amps at around $350 but I haven't heard any of them.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #17 of 18
So, I went with the deal I found on CL and got the Swans M1S's, they are AMAZING to say the least, so glad I found them used. Now I need to save up another $400 to buy a proper amp! I am going to keep a sharp eye out for that PM 5004/5003 or higher. Thanks so much to everyone who posted!

I also won a pair of Polk Audio RTi A3's on eBay, but probably just going to sell them when they arrive because I am so happy with the Swans right now. I might post a little bit more of a detailed response after I have had more listening time. All I can say right now is the clarity, speed, imaging, and frequency response is very impressive so far. Thanks again.

(I still want to hear the PSB's just for kicks)

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 18
Good to hear that you got the M1s and you're liking it. Please do post up some detailed impressions when you have spent enough time with it. Would love to hear how the M1s perform.

Quote:
So, I went with the deal I found on CL and got the Swans M1S's, they are AMAZING to say the least, so glad I found them used. Now I need to save up another $400 to buy a proper amp! I am going to keep a sharp eye out for that PM 5004/5003 or higher. Thanks so much to everyone who posted!

I also won a pair of Polk Audio RTi A3's on eBay, but probably just going to sell them when they arrive because I am so happy with the Swans right now. I might post a little bit more of a detailed response after I have had more listening time. All I can say right now is the clarity, speed, imaging, and frequency response is very impressive so far. Thanks again.

(I still want to hear the PSB's just for kicks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back