Best sub-$150 portable DAC/amp for sensitive IEMs
Jan 15, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 17
@mwillis
How loud is the DA2 at lower levels?
Basically everything I have at the moment is too loud for quiet listening with the more sensitive items I have.

How do you find the Topping compared to the DA2?

Cheers. :)
The Da2 sounds great at lower volumes! I definitely prefer going through the Da2 during quiet listening because if I go straight through my Note 9 the hiss becomes more noticeable on my Massdrop+ IEMs. But with the Da2 it's super smooth and very pleasant.

The Topping and Da2 both sound great. If I absolutely had to pick one I'd go with the Topping, but considering the form factor of the Da2 I tend to always gravitate towards that over the Topping. The difference is indistinguishable unless I'm really, really trying to listen for it... and even then, it may just be in my head.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #17 of 17
The Da2 sounds great at lower volumes! I definitely prefer going through the Da2 during quiet listening because if I go straight through my Note 9 the hiss becomes more noticeable on my Massdrop+ IEMs. But with the Da2 it's super smooth and very pleasant.

The Topping and Da2 both sound great. If I absolutely had to pick one I'd go with the Topping, but considering the form factor of the Da2 I tend to always gravitate towards that over the Topping. The difference is indistinguishable unless I'm really, really trying to listen for it... and even then, it may just be in my head.

Thank you kindly. :)

How loud would you say both of them are at the lowest levels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back