Best sub 100$ earbuds?
Mar 20, 2008 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

the rev

100+ Head-Fier
What are your recommendations for the Best sub 100 earbuds?

+it be nice if they were comfy
+richer bass is preferred, more bass
+sound isolation isn't needed, but it's a plus +
+used for gym, hiking

-NO IEM or canals. just plain earbuds
-MUST NOT REQUIRE CABLE WRAP AROUND EAR

I own the super.fi 3's and they're awesome, except I have longer hair, so everytime I have to put my super.fi 3's in, Its annoying to brush away my hair to make sure none goes in my ear! and even with all the different size tips, they still slip out all the time cause their IEM's :[. i[size=medium]m currently eyeballing the v-moda's and ER6i's. anyone have comparisons on them?[/size]. i dont like the yuin pk-2's because they look like i can break em in my hand. THANKS!

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at $100 my vote is for the bose inear's

I've tried my friends bose-ears and they were super comfy, but not enough "loudness"/isolation/bass for the price thanks for the tip though!

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at $100 my vote is for the bose inear's

NO, I would never recommend any Bose portable products, as they're grossly overpriced and too bass heavy (the Bose Triports are pretty much iBuds with more muddy bass). You should be able to get ahold of some Yuin earbuds (ie: PK3's), which while lacking isolation (which is what you want), has excellent sound quality (almost can-like) for far less than $100.

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 12
I personally didn't like the Yuin earbuds, I thought they had way too much treble, and I couldn't hear anything else in the spectrum. But Im the only person I know who thinks that, everyone else around here loves them. And there arent many choices when it comes to earbuds. I think the only other option really is the sennheiser mx500 or whatever, and those are only 20 bucks or something.

So go with the yuin pk3 or pk2

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #10 of 12
Er6's and Vmoda's are both canalphones which I believe is what you didn't want is this correct. If you want bassy regular ear buds i think your only option is the yuins. I don't know of any other non-iem higher end earphone manufacturer.

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #11 of 12
seems new on the market, but for about $25 from amazon, what about sennheiser mx560?

i have er6is and just received v-moda la mochas. i don't handle iems well for any long period. er6is are pretty good, but a little thin sounding. v-modas are much bassier, but i noticed that they sound different depending on which ipod they're connected to - great with my mini, whereas with the 3g nano, they seem to pick up some kind of extraneous noise from the nano itself.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelc87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er6's and Vmoda's are both canalphones which I believe is what you didn't want is this correct. If you want bassy regular ear buds i think your only option is the yuins. I don't know of any other non-iem higher end earphone manufacturer.

i heard the ER6's are on the empty side for bass, but you'd say the yuins are the best bet for earbuds with thicker bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back