Best Sub 100$ Dac/Amp
Jun 24, 2018 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

vickie2006

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I know that posts like this, been posted a lot.
But Since a lot of things change while DragonQuest Release their first DAC/Amp USB - And today there are many options that better and much cheaper.

So Spotify main problem in smartphones is the volume level - when I am on the road I love to hear music with my RHA MA750 - But still, there are songs that you feel that a lot of details missing - So I look up for a solution.
So portable small cheap DAC/AMP, hopefully, will solve this problem.
So a little research you can easily find this list:

SMSL IDEA
Sabaj da2 (still don't know the difference between this and the idea).
Wei Liang SE4 (A little bit bigger than the other one, but with unbelievable price)
Wei Liang SA 9023 Chip
Zorloo ZuperDac-S

So if you have another offer, I will be more than happy to hear it.

Just saying that durability is very important for me, unfortunately, I am a little destructible with my stuff.

Thank you, everyone, for your help :)

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 14
Don’t throw away the DF 1st gen just yet, as a more IEM sensitive FiiO A5 portable amp has a lot of power output and a Low-High gain switch:

https://www.amazon.com/A5-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Titanium/dp/B01M3RG33C
Wow, this is big man. I am looking more on the go size, So the wei liang se4 size, is the maximum size that I can carry( but still I prefer much smaller and lighter)

I will use it with my iem, so max 70ohm will be great for my use, I have audio gd nfb 11.28 for headphones that need more power.

For now, I focus my eye on the Sabaj da2.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #7 of 14
Jun 25, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #8 of 14
Wow, this is big man. I am looking more on the go size, So the wei liang se4 size, is the maximum size that I can carry( but still I prefer much smaller and lighter)

I will use it with my iem, so max 70ohm will be great for my use, I have audio gd nfb 11.28 for headphones that need more power.

For now, I focus my eye on the Sabaj da2.

Smaller.
Another option......read Brooko’s review.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-e17k-alpen-2-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier.20540/reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E17K-ALPEN-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00RPD7KP8

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 14
Jun 27, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #10 of 14
18735DF1-631C-4D5B-B495-A26F15A3D186.jpeg
Thanks, man for the offer.
But it is too big for me.
The size is very important to me Because most of the time I will use it on the go.
The difference between this and da2 is numerous.

It rests ontop of my 6th generation IPod Touch pretty easy, but I guess your really looking for small-small.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #13 of 14
The reviews say that the d3 sound quality isn't much satisfied as the dragon quest.
So if da2>DQ Red, so the gap in sound terms are very big.
I will try to see if there any warranty In aliexpress.

The DragonFly Red sells for almost double the price of the AudioEngine D3 so I would expect that.

For the price of the D3, I think it's actually very good. I have one. The problem is not the sound.....it heats up pretty fast....

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #14 of 14
The DragonFly Red sells for almost double the price of the Audioengine D3 so I would expect that.

For the price of the D3, I think it's actually very good. I have one. The problem is not the sound.....it heats up pretty fast....
I can buy a refurb one in 45$, But I read the sound quality isn't much noticeable than the DAC that you get with most of the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back