Best stylish headphone/earphone for girl?
Aug 29, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #16 of 28
Make sure if you're buying them for her that they're something you want so when she gets tired of them you can have them
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker
How do you get the picture included in the message? When I try as a file attachment, I get a message that the file exceeds 25kbits.

That's not an attached photo; it's a tag.

yfei,
ATH-EM7? They look damn sexy, but I've never seen anyone wearing them.

Aug 29, 2003 at 6:13 PM Post #18 of 28
I dunno.. some girls aren't that discriminating. A girl borrowed my SR-60s, with stock Senn pads (yes, the bright yellow ones). And she has no qualms about wearing them. And she loves the sound. And given a choice I'm sure she wouldn't want to give them back, and I can't bear to introduce someone to the head-fi world and then take it all away.

Dear Abby, what do I do?

Aug 29, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Chinchy
I dunno.. some girls aren't that discriminating. A girl borrowed my SR-60s, with stock Senn pads (yes, the bright yellow ones). And she has no qualms about wearing them. And she loves the sound. And given a choice I'm sure she wouldn't want to give them back, and I can't bear to introduce someone to the head-fi world and then take it all away.

Dear Abby, what do I do?

Use it as an excuse to get some 225's
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 28
fwetch, are those KOSS "Titanium" headphones really any good? I've seen quite a few kids with an older black version them before.

And who wears open headphones in a studio while recording? (in the 3rd picture- "Jose and the *****cats" movie I think?)

Aug 29, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Csidinim
fwetch, are those KOSS "Titanium" headphones really any good? I've seen quite a few kids with an older black version them before.

They sound practically identical to the Koss Portapro/Sportapro, as far as I can tell. I think they're just somewhat more cheaply made and marketed as a rock-bottom budget pair of cans, but I suspect the drivers used are the same. Bass-heavy but pretty good otherwise, especially for the 'non-audiophile' listener.

I have a pair of the black Koss KTX-Pro sitting in a drawer somewhere (the ones you mentioned), and they definitely sound much better than the typical junk included with PCDP's etc.

Aug 29, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Csidinim
And who wears open headphones in a studio while recording? (in the 3rd picture- "Jose and the *****cats" movie I think?)

When you're miming, isolation isn't really an issue
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #28 of 28
i'd have to say i'd like a woman in pretty much any circumaural or "over-the-ear" type headphone; could possibly give an indication of how seriously she takes the hobby and/or her music?

if you put a woman's appearance and headphone application aside...are different headphones better suited aesthetically for different styles/images that others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back