best studio headphone
Apr 24, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 11
Others might say the Sony CD3000 because it's analytical and it is also very detailed.

I think there were a few other posts in the past on this subject (Use the friggin' search tool, people
rolleyes.gif
) So, just check the past posts!!

Apr 24, 2002 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Others might say the Sony CD3000 because it's analytical and it is also very detailed.

I think there were a few other posts in the past on this subject (Use the friggin' search tool, people
rolleyes.gif
) So, just check the past posts!!

The Sony CD-3K's are no good for studio work because they're not closed back. They don't isolate the room at all.

Besides the Sony MDRV6/7506, Beyer DT-250/80 and Sennheiser HD0280 are worth considering.

If you want the best, for studio work, get the Etymotic ER-4's with custom ear molds.

Apr 25, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 11
Whatever headphone you use, get to know it well.

Apr 25, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth

The Sony CD-3K's are no good for studio work because they're not closed back. They don't isolate the room at all.

Hmm . . . I think I made the same mistake of recommending the CD3k's to someone else on this board (in a different thread) who inquired about studio headphones, and I think Kwkarth corrected me then too. Well, I don't think I'll recommend these again, and truthfully, I really don't know crap about studio listening, and I don't know anything about the Sony CD3k's, so what am I doing recommending them? I don't know. Well, from my learned knowledge afte reading around these forums, (but not experience) I think the V6's are the most affordably capable studio headphones, while I think that IMO, an Etymotic would be best, with the Beyer's next in the overall scheme of things.
wink.gif

(EDIT: Spelling)

Apr 25, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 11
And the newest Stax headphones apparently serve well as studio phones, according to Wes Phillips' Onhifi. A pair of the 3030s will cost you about $900 including amplifier from EIFL (give them a call during Japanese daylight hours).

Apr 25, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #11 of 11
These guys at Ear-Q are talking about using the Sennheiser HD280 Pro for their reference hearing analyser product. They claim they meet all ANSI sound reproduction standards. Sounds like there's not a lot of headphones that meet that standard of accuracy. That's got to be a plus for a studio phone.

(HBZ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back