Best Stereo Gaming Headphones
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Clinton92

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow members

I would like to purchase a new set of headphones I'm currently using the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X for open world shooters like dayz, pubg, and fps games such as counter strike, overwatch...

Now my main problem with the ath-700x is that positioning of enemy's footsteps and gunshots seem very difficult to distinguish where they are coming from, to me it sounds very messy like there is to much going on to be able to pinpoint the locations of those sounds.

Now I have done some research on what other people have been recommending like the sennheiser 598,650 also the akg lineup and also the Phillips x2 also if a dac/ amp is needed to run any headphones suggested pls feel free to suggest some also any other recommendations would be great

But I have no idea what headphones to get I'm am a total noob with this stuff so I would like to thank you all in advance for helping me

The motherboard I'm using is a Asus z170-ar using Realtek onboard audio

My budget is around $300 maximum
Also I am based in Australia

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 8
Senn HD558 are on sale at Best Buy for $70 right now and should be similar to the 598s (I guess there's a little mod you can do to make them nearly identical).

I mean I'd give em a shot, you can always return them. Great price.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 8
X2 is good has +bass which might drown out some detail.doesnt need an amp.Comfortable.
AKG 701,712,7XX bigger soundstage than X2 and less bass,but def needs an amp.Comfortable
Beyer DT990 pretty much the same story as the AKG,will need an amp if you grab the 250 or 600 ohm version...a 32 ohm option is available no amp needed.Comfortable

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 8
Currently using a pair of Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger to play CS:GO and Overwatch. I highly recommend it! Another setup I considered before getting the Stinger is a pairing of the Superlux HD681 and a clip-on mic. Didn't want the hassle of getting two separate devices for my gaming audio needs so I got the Clouds instead.

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the response guys much appreciated.... I all ready have a audio technica at2020 that was given to me as that I use as a mic so I don't really need a mic headphone combo.....

So on that regards what amp/dac and headphone combo would you suggest for my needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back