best SQ with d2+ (airhead or just d2)_
Nov 15, 2009 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bigpapajk

New Head-Fier
i just purchased a d2+ and i have a total airhead mobile amp that i was using with my ipod(which sucked ...why i got the d2 after older post)....2 questions
1. what benefit would i get from using the total airhead with the d2+ since im told the d2 can suposedly power full cans(sony 7506 and ultrasone pro900) (wouldnt using two amps instead of one only degrade the audio?)
a. if want me to use airhead for best sq...is there a way line out with d2+?
2. I have ipod files that i cannot the d2 to recognize...suggestions...I heard of installing rockbox but do not fully understand how it works...
a. installing this firmware/program can change the audio quality of the d2...how its still has the same physical components(amp/circitry)
b. does rockbox simply allow the recognition of more codecs(mp4/m4a)
THANK YOU

Nov 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 5
Better suited in one of these sub-forum, as your questions do not seem to be High-End related.
wink.gif

* Portable Source Gear
* Portable Headphone Amps

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 5
i guess i dont really understand high end...i mean im asking the question becuase i want the best setup to get the highest quality music..but sorry i will post in those areas thanks

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 5
I am not sure I understand you question.

The D2+ can act as a USB input dac and output to another amp or you can use it as a USB input to the internal dac and then use the internal amp to your phones so I am not sure why you would use another amp. Or you can use it as an amp only inputting to the D2+ and then taking that signal on the output for the phones, which only uses the internal amp. If you have an iPod you can take a line out from the iPod to the input of the D2+ and output to your phones.

I prefer RockBox as it offers more but I use it on iRiver and not iPod but I suspect the operation is similar. I can use FLAC, ALAC or any MP3 format with RockBox.

Nov 16, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure I understand you question.

The D2+ can act as a USB input dac and output to another amp or you can use it as a USB input to the internal dac and then use the internal amp to your phones so I am not sure why you would use another amp. Or you can use it as an amp only inputting to the D2+ and then taking that signal on the output for the phones, which only uses the internal amp. If you have an iPod you can take a line out from the iPod to the input of the D2+ and output to your phones.

I prefer RockBox as it offers more but I use it on iRiver and not iPod but I suspect the operation is similar. I can use FLAC, ALAC or any MP3 format with RockBox.

I think he's talking about the cowon D2+ DAP cause his ipod sucked not an ibasso D2+ amp

There are those who think there is a difference between the sound of D2 firmwares. i've owned a D2 since the day it was released by my supplier and i cant tell the difference myself between them. There is no possible way to create a true line out on a D2, its the same as far as im aware on a d2+

Rockbox is currently unstable on D2 but functional. it may help you with your apple files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back