Best SQ of Current iPod Lineup?
post-4410681
Post #1 of 3

akasrp

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Been out of the iPod loop for some time. I am still using a (1stGen)1GB Shuffle and PX-100 headphones - AM jogging mostly, some vacation listening. When I did audition Nano 2Gen a while back I didn't think it beat the Shuffle, so I stayed put. I am heading out on a long trip and would like more capacity - so the age old question: which of the current iPods has the best Sound Quality (via headphone jack). Form factor and bells and whistles don't matter - just want best SQ Apple/iPod currently has to offer. Figured asking here would be better than becoming a PITA at the Costo returns desk. Thanks.

post-4410799
Post #2 of 3

synaesthetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I think that the 1g Shuffle and the 3g iPod still have the best SQ from the headphone out of any generation iPod. As for current stuff, the Classic is better than the 3g Nano. I haven't heard the Touch but it's so much more expensive comparatively since it's basically a PDA and an MP3 player.

post-4410913
Post #3 of 3

bigshot

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I can't comment on nano, shuffle or touch, but from the line out all of my iPods (3G, 4G Photo, 5.5G, Classic) all sound exactly the same. Which one will sound better for you from the headphone output depends entirely on what sort of cans you are using.

See ya
Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)