Best SQ IEM around $100
Jul 24, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #16 of 22
Turbine, CX95, CX500, Philips SHE9850, Apple in earphones and JVC HA_FXC50.......

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #17 of 22
X3 on the dual-driver Apple IEM's. I just paired my with Comply foam tips and they are a different set of earphones. Bass improves dramatically.

HOWEVER, if you want the real deal bass, the Super.fi5 EB is like being in a club. True subwoofer bass in your head. Just depends on if you want that at the *slight* expense of detail at the other ends of the spectrum. I say slight because the EB's are stellar all around phones imho for non bass-heavy type of music (like rock/alternative). Once you get into the electronic and hip-hop, though, these start to rattle the skull.

The Apple IEM's aren't even in the same ballpark of bass as the EB's (although the Apples aren't anemic by any means either), but they are the best option hands down if you want something for your iPhone. The detail is actually surprisingly good on them.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #19 of 22
If you want a IEM with good bass and a microphone for your iPhone, get the NuForce NE-7M! They're about $99

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 22
The best IEM for $100 is, without a doubt in my mind, the Hifiman RE0. I am using them right now and overall they sound much better to my ears than Phonak PFE or even more expensive IEMs, like Sleek SA6, UE Super.fi 5 Pro and Westone UM2. They do need an amp and a quality source to reveal their full potential, but they sound OK straight out of my portables too. The only problem with them is the microphonic cable, but wearing them over the ear reduces microphonics to a more or less tolerable level.

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best IEM for $100 is, without a doubt in my mind, the Hifiman RE0. I am using them right now and overall they sound much better to my ears than Phonak PFE or even more expensive IEMs, like Sleek SA6, UE Super.fi 5 Pro and Westone UM2. They do need an amp and a quality source to reveal their full potential, but they sound OK straight out of my portables too. The only problem with them is the microphonic cable, but wearing them over the ear reduces microphonics to a more or less tolerable level.

i would agree with you but the op said he listed to anything with a lot of bass. hence my saying the C751

Users who are viewing this thread

Back