Best Speakers for $100 or less?
Jan 10, 2006 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

vak

New Head-Fier
I assume this is where you post on this website about computer speakers. I've been looking at buying some for a while, and I was wondering if anyone here can suggest some very good ones for around $100 or less? Are there any really good ones for that price?

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
There's good deal at outpost.com. They have the Polk R15 for $40/pair. I don't think there's anything that can beat it for that price.

Those are the best for that price? I know my friend got Cyber Acoustics CA3080 speakers or something close to that...which I believe sell for $35 or so. These Polk R15 speakers are much better, and better than other speakers at even higher prices under or around $100?

Jan 10, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

There's good deal at outpost.com. They have the Polk R15 for $40/pair. I don't think there's anything that can beat it for that price.

Outpost.com has Polk R15 speakers for $130, and Amazon.com has them $100. Are you sure you aren't thinking of other speakers?

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Well, if you're willing to buy used, you could probably get the Paradigm Atoms for around $120.

Those are huge speakers. I'm looking for computer speakers.

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Sorry about that. Didn't see "computer" in your post.

It's okay. Do you have any computer speakers you recommend, or know of a place or forums or anything that would tell me what some good ones are or I could ask there?

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by vak
It's okay. Do you have any computer speakers you recommend, or know of a place or forums or anything that would tell me what some good ones are or I could ask there?

unfortunately there are no good computer speakers, but the Creatives are not too horrible. I recommend them.

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
unfortunately there are no good computer speakers, but the Creatives are not too horrible. I recommend them.

Why would you say "there are no good computer speakers"? I'm sure there are.

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJC252
Logitech Z-2300?

I bought them, and returned them. Sounds too hollow for me, like they delibrately added some hollow sound to the music to simlulate a 3D experience or wider soundstage.

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
I bought them, and returned them. Sounds too hollow for me, like they delibrately added some hollow sound to the music to simlulate a 3D experience or wider soundstage.

What computer speakers would you recommend then, and do you know any other forum that knows a lot about computer speakers?

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #14 of 30
Go to hardforum.com for computer audio stuff... also, please dont make 3 of the same threads. It doesnt make sense and just annoys people.

Jan 10, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 30
No, there aren't. Anything you get at that price will have obvious, glaring sonic defficiencies.

Check yard sales, though - you can pick up a vintage receiver and reasonably good speakers on the cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back