Best source for rock
Mar 23, 2011 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ashleyJohnson

New Head-Fier
hey guys, im tierd of using an ipod for my music and im looking for a new source, i have about $80 +/- $10 to spend and i would like your advice, i currently use a pair of sennheiser HD 205's and im looking for audio quality and well as that kinda "ooomph" something thatl make me just go "wow" i listen to mainly rock and metal so i would like your guys help., thanks

EDIT

id also like to note i need storage to be at least 30gb no less will be possible as i have a large amount of music

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 9

8gb Sansa Clip +
And then buy an external 32gb card.
Sorted.
Quote:
hey guys, im tierd of using an ipod for my music and im looking for a new source, i have about $80 +/- $10 to spend and i would like your advice, i currently use a pair of sennheiser HD 205's and im looking for audio quality and well as that kinda "ooomph" something thatl make me just go "wow" i listen to mainly rock and metal so i would like your guys help., thanks

EDIT

id also like to note i need storage to be at least 30gb no less will be possible as i have a large amount of music

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 9
I was thinking about buying the Sansa Clip+ and an external card, because I need a new mp3 player because my ipod nano 8gb is full. I've read a review about the Clip+ that says that transferring songs to it when you use iTunes is really complicated because you have to put all the songs in mp3 format. Is that true?

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 9
Samsung P2, P3, Philips Go Gear and X-Fi 2

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #8 of 9
The only sub-$100 player with 30gb of storage will be a used iPod 5g. And that depends on the used prices online or the thread starter's area. I can get the 30gb for about $65 where I am. The 80gb goes for about $110 or so; 60gb kinda rare and usually go for closer to the 80gb price than the to the 30gb.

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #9 of 9
What do you mean you're "tired of using an iPod"? Is it just because it lacks the oomph? If that's the case, just get an amp... although I'm not familiar with the 205 and how far it can be pushed. If you're looking for a difference in the phones' sound, get new headphones, not a new source. Sure, better sources with give you more detail and overall better sound, but it won't change the properties of the headphones (aka- more oomph).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back