Best-sounding traditional earbuds?
Sep 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tuumba

New Head-Fier
It seems the whole earbud industry has gone to the in-ear format for their quality headphones. I'm on the hunt for traditional earbuds ("out of ear"?) with high quality sound. I'm willing to pay for said quality. Any recommendations?

My research hasn't turned up any clear winners. I'm avoiding in-ear as I find them very uncomfortable and am almost always either listening in a) a quiet room, where they aren't necessary or b) while walking/jogging, where I don't want isolation.

Previously owned a couple Sennheiser MX500's. They were great but they're falling apart and are no longer available for sale.

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Whats your budget?

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
It seems the whole earbud industry has gone to the in-ear format for their quality headphones. I'm on the hunt for traditional earbuds ("out of ear"?) with high quality sound. I'm willing to pay for said quality. Any recommendations?

My research hasn't turned up any clear winners. I'm avoiding in-ear as I find them very uncomfortable and am almost always either listening in a) a quiet room, where they aren't necessary or b) while walking/jogging, where I don't want isolation.

Previously owned a couple Sennheiser MX500's. They were great but they're falling apart and are no longer available for sale.

I have heard good things about these: http://www.amazon.com/YUIN-PK2-Yuin-Pk2-Earphones/dp/B001B484D4
They are a little over your budget but I think they are what you are looking for. I haven't used them myself but I plan on getting them in future.

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 8
Maybe you can check the
Audio technica cm700ti, a bit over your budget and dont know if they still making

these but they are one of the best sounding earphone I tried today, especially you like

mx500 , cm700ti is like much nicer mx500

.Only downside is the phone quite heavy might easy fall off for some people has big ears

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back